Sunday, July 22, 4-6pm
Little Walnut Creek Library
Officers: Colin MacDougal, Lisa Hinely
Voting Members: Karen Bissett, Sherry Miller, Daniela Nuñez, Larry Reagan, Don Shepard, Rodney Thrailkill
New Members: Eloisa ??, Santos ??, Tina Sanchez, Lisa Shepard
1. Approval of minutes of previous meetings tabled by MacDougal.
2. Park updates
Georgian Acres Neighborhood Park – Nuñez reported that development of the park is in permitting.
Brownie – Parks & Rec Dept has agreement with IDEA to correct the drainage issue by installing a buried pipe along the new section of Brownie Dr, under the IDEA driveway. Draft park master plan is expected by end of July, for final round of neighbor comment. Key decision points will be nature of soccer play area (neighborhood recreation or league play) and phasing of construction (playscapes or soccer first). Neighbors raised several concerns about City services in the area. Neighborhood team members generally encouraged them to continue calling 311 or using 311 app. Eloisa and Hinely will work on addressing furniture dumping and dumpsters. Sanchez and Hinely will meet with IDEA to discuss student arrival/dismissal. Reagan and Sanchez will meet with NPSOT to see butterfly demonstration garden. Traffic calming program still on pause by city transportation department. Reagan will coordinate removal of damaged fence section.
Barrington – Austin Parks Foundation has awarded $27,000 for “Phase 2” improvements at the park, which Nuñez described as trashcans and more green features. Hinely requested that design be made available at the park for park users. (Nuñez left.)
3. TA Brown principal was not able attend due to a scheduling mix-up by the neighborhood team. The schematic design and other information about the new facility is available online.
4. Larry Reagan elected to unexpired term as Registrar by acclamation.
5. Motion to approve Julia Foree continuing as the neighborhood team’s liaison for Georgian Acres Neighborhood Park failed, 2-2-3-1 (MacDougal, Hinely in favor, Thrailkill, D Shepard opposed, Bissett, Miller, Reagan not voting, Nuñez not present).
6. Hinely reported that both current land use cases (Austin Suites and E Powell) are scheduled for city council hearing and decision on August 9. The neighborhood team and applicant have agreement for an approach to implement Austin Suites agreement that does not require a restrictive covenant, but waiting on Casar’s staff person to sign off. Other public entities in the E Powell case are HACA and Central Health. No action.