Read the complete Facility Master Plan
Most of our schools are included in the North Central region. (Webb MS is in Northeast.) Here are excerpts from the Plan’s summary of our facility options:
AREA 2 – NORTH CENTRAL
- Lanier High School
- Burnet and Dobie middle schools
- Barrington, Cook, Graham, Hart, McBee, Pillow, Walnut Creek, Wooldridge, Wooten elementary schools and Read Pre-K Center
Based on the number of students living in the area for the 2010-11 school year:
- The area has a severe deficiency in the number of seats available at the elementary school levels.
- The number of students migrating out of the area is higher than the number of students migrating in, especially at the elementary and high school levels.
Based on the 2010-11 enrollment of schools in the area:
- Nine elementary schools, Barrington [179%], Cook, Graham, Hart, McBee, Read, Walnut Creek [140%], Wooldridge and Wooten, are severely overcrowded (above 125% of permanent capacity)
- One elementary school, Pillow, is overcrowded (between 115% and 125% of permanent capacity)
- One middle school, Burnet, is in the target range of percent of permanent capacity(between 85% and 105%), while one middle school, Dobie, is under enrolled (below 85% of permanent capacity)
- The high school, Lanier, is in the target range of percent of permanent capacity (between 85% and 105%)
- Highest population growth in district is projected in this area in the next five years
Facility Master Plan Task Force Options for 10-Year Plan
- Construct two additional elementary schools.
- Construct eight-classroom additions at two elementary schools.
- Address [facility deficiency] priorities 1 & 2 and functional equity improvements.
- Consult with the community regarding middle school redesign.
- Consult with the community regarding boundary adjustments.